CSU Summer Arts scholarships are available to cover part or all of a student’s enrollment fees. Scholarships are RARELY available to cover housing in addition to enrollment fees. There is only one scholarship application form, and all applicants will be considered for the maximum amount of aid available to them.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of both financial need and talent. A COMPLETE application, including a written statement, will ensure that you receive thorough consideration.
To apply for a scholarship, please follow the instructions for applying for a course, AND:
- IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY COMPLETED A REGISTRATION APPLICATION, DO THIS FIRST AND CONTINUE TO THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION. DO NOT COMPLETE THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION UNTIL YOU COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION APPLICATION. But before you complete the Registration or Scholarship Application, prepare the materials listed in steps 2 and 3 below.
- Compose a short (100-500 word) statement on why you are applying for scholarship assistance.
- Prepare and scan your financial documentation (see below).
- Complete and submit the online Scholarship Application, which will include uploading your written statement and your financial documentation, to the Summer Arts Registration Office.
Financial documentation consists of at least one of the following items – the questionnaire below will indicate which documentation you must submit:
- A copy of your 2016 Federal Tax Return (form 1040). We only need the FIRST page of your tax return, indicating your Adjusted Gross Income.
- A copy of your parents’ 2016 Federal Tax Return (minors or dependents only). We only need the FIRST page of your parents’ tax return, indicating their Adjusted Gross Income.
- If you (or your parents) have not filed your 2016 Federal Income Taxes, enclose copies of your W-2 or 1099 Earning Statements for 2016.
Whose financial documentation do you need to submit?
We need YOUR financial documentation if you are:
1. born before January 1, 1993
2. a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
3. an orphan or ward of the court
4. have legal dependents other than a spouse
5. a graduate student
If none of the above apply to you, we need YOUR PARENTS’ financial documentation.
When you apply online, you will be required to complete a questionnaire listing the items above. You will then be give the prompt to ONLY submit the documentation that applies to you. If you upload your personal information when you are required to submit your parents’ information, you will not be considered for aid.
If you don’t have any financial documentation for various reasons, email Joanne Sharp (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Summer Arts office and she will work with you to provide acceptable paperwork.
Do not complete your Scholarship Application without your completed Registration Form.
Incomplete Scholarship Applications, or applications submitted without financial documentation and written statement, will not be considered for scholarship assistance.
In most cases, you will be notified of your scholarship award status by the Summer Arts Registration Office within two weeks of the application deadline for a course.
Financial aid through FAFSA and other programs is rarely applicable to Summer Arts. Check with your home campus for availability. If you are a student at a CSU campus, you should check with your financial aid office (if you receive financial aid) to see if you quality for “visiting student status” to CSU Fresno. If you qualify, you will be able to apply your existing financial aid to Summer Arts.
Having trouble with the online form? Email email@example.com to request a PDF version of the form.
Good luck! We hope to see you soon at Summer Arts.