THIS PAGE FEATURES THE INFORMATION FROM SUMMER 2014 FOR YOUR REFERENCE. Please check back in January 2015 for complete updated information.
CSU Summer Arts scholarships are available to cover part or all of a student’s enrollment fees. Scholarships are RARELY available to cover housing in addition to enrollment fees. There is only one scholarship application form, and all applicants will be considered for the maximum amount of aid available to them.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of both financial need and talent. A COMPLETE application, including a written statement, will ensure that you receive thorough consideration.
To apply for a scholarship, please follow the instructions for applying for a course, AND:
- Download and complete the Scholarship Application.
- Compose a short (100-500 word) statement on why you are applying for scholarship assistance.
- Attach financial documentation (see below).
- Send the Scholarship Application with your written statement, your financial documentation, and a completed Registration Form to the Summer Arts Registration Office. Or email your paperwork to email@example.com.
Financial documentation consists of at least one of the following items:
- A copy of your 2013 Federal Tax Return (form 1040). We only need the FIRST page of your tax return, indicating your Adjusted Gross Income.
- A copy of your parents’ 2013 Federal Tax Return (minors or dependents only). We only need the FIRST page of your parents’ tax return, indicating their Adjusted Gross Income.
- If you have not filed your 2013 Federal Income Taxes, enclose copies of your W-2 or 1099 Earning Statements for 2013.
Do not send your Scholarship Application without your completed Registration Form.
Incomplete Scholarship Applications, or applications submitted without financial documentation and written statement, will not be considered for scholarship assistance.
Send your completed Scholarship Application and Registration Form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
CSU Summer Arts Registration Office
CSU Monterey Bay
100 Campus Center
University Corporation, Suite 211
Seaside, CA 93955
You will be notified of your scholarship award status by the Summer Arts Registration Office when you are notified of your acceptance into a workshop.
Financial aid through FAFSA and other programs is rarely applicable to Summer Arts. Check with your home campus for availability. If you are a student at a CSU campus, you should check with your financial aid office (if you receive financial aid) to see if you quality for “visiting student status” to CSU Monterey Bay. If you qualify, you will be able to apply your existing financial aid to Summer Arts.
Good luck! We hope to see you soon at Summer Arts.