Nickelodeon: An Overview from Development to Pitch
Course Dates: July 14 to July 27, 2014
Application Deadline: May 16, 2014
Gain insight into how the creative merges with the business in the world of TV animation.Students will collaboratively develop a pitch bible and learn the basic production phases of a storyboard driven show. Guest speakers from Nickelodeon Animation Studio include show creators, directors, storyboard artists, and professional designers.
- Expand your knowledge of TV animation production.
- Use a variety of animation styles including 2D, 3D digital, and more.
- Work collaboratively on a pitch bible that can be used within your professional portfolio
- Work directly with professionals to develop the skills and confidence to pitch your idea to an audience.
- Review aspects of a storyboard driven show.
- This workshop will culminate in a public presentation of student work.
Undergraduate: MEDIA 425, 3 units
Graduate: MEDIA 625, 3 units
WHO SHOULD APPLY
This workshop is geared toward visual artists looking to work in a team environment and produce pieces for their portfolio.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Submit a 10-15-page portfolio (printed pages, CD or link to website). It is recommended that your portfolio display fundamental skills in art (e.g. gestural figure/animal drawings, painting, design, sculpture etc.). Your portfolio may also include a focus in a particular area of strength or samples of one or all of the following (character design, visual development, layout, background painting, storyboards.). You may also include organized pages from your sketchbook that show your ideas and process.
2) Send the materials listed in step one with your completed Registration Form to the Summer Arts office by May 16, 2014.
Professor Aubry Mintz
Guest artists from Nickelodeon Animation studio will include show creators, directors, storyboard artists, and professional designers. Check back often for updates!