CSU Trustees Approve 2014-15 State Budget Request
November 7, 2013
The CSU Board of Trustees approved its 2014-15 budget ask on Nov. 6, which requests that the Governor and Legislature provide an additional $237.6 million in state funding for the upcoming fiscal year. The expenditure plan focuses on funding to meet increasing enrollment demand, augmentations for student success and completion initiatives and a modest compensation increase.
The budget plan would bring the CSU’s annual support budget to approximately $4.6 billion. If fully funded, the 2014-15 expenditure plan also assumes no tuition fee increase, marking the third consecutive year that tuition fee rates would remain at the same level.
Specific expenditure increases include:
- 5% Enrollment Demand – $79.2 million
- Augmentations for student success and completion – $50.0 million
- Financing maintenance and infrastructure needs – $15.0 million
- Mandatory costs (health benefits, new space) – $13.7 million
- Compensation increase (3 percent “pool”) – $91.6 million
- Center for California Studies—cost increases – 0.2 million
More information about the proposed CSU 2014-15 support budget can be found here.