Production Assistant Interns at Joyus | Northern California
Seeking students and/or recent graduates for internships in video production and post-production. Interns will work as P.A.s in our San Francisco office. Hours are part-time and flexible. This is not a corporate gig, but a professional work ethic is required. We are asking for a 3-month (or longer) commitment.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Assist with all aspects of production; lighting, sound, grip, set design on video shoots in studio as well as on various location throughout the Bay Area.
• Work with Producer/Director and hosts to coordinate responsibilities for all shoots
• Will be responsible for gathering props and products for each shoot
• Assist with Post Production; prepare FCP projects for editors, select music tracks, media management (uploading of footage and stills to our main server and back up drive) and other related tasks
• Assist with still photo shoots
• Experience with Mac and Mac products (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, etc…)
• Experience with video editing software, such as Final Cut Pro (knowledge of Avid Media Composer or Adobe Premier are a plus).
• Basic production skills; audio recording equipment, camera operation, lighting configuration, video transferring
Other important qualities:
• Organized, capable of paying attention to detail, able to follow guidelines/procedures.
• Resourceful, innovative and creative
• Sense of humor!
• Smart. You are so smart; it hurts sometimes (just a little).
• You play well with others, team player who is able to enjoy a collaborative work environment, but can be self-directed when necessary.
• Have the ability to take direction without bringing ego into the mix.
• Reliable, friendly, punctual, and can meet deadlines.
• FCP and Gfx skills w/ After Effects or Motion
• Photoshop skills
• Tech savvy; familiarity with social networking tools, internet research tools, Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a creative startup. Interns will join a small, experienced crew and have the opportunity to learn from industry pros with extensive backgrounds in technology, editorial, and video production. Joyus is a small, but growing company. If you want to join us in taking over the world, please reply with a brief statement about yourself to email@example.com. This should include what you will bring to the internship, as well as why you want to work with us. Include links to your work, portfolio and/or resume. Also, use “Production Intern” in the subject line of your email.
Shirin Etessam – Director of Productions firstname.lastname@example.org
Nathanael Nelson – Producer/Director email@example.com
Faye Carnell – Production Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org