Live Nation Internship | Northern California
Company: Live Nation Entertainment
Location : San Francisco CA US 94103
Job Type : Part Time
Career Level : Student (Undergraduate/Graduate)
Education : Some College Coursework Completed
Category : Internships
Employee Referrral Bonus Eligible : No
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE-LYV) was formed by the merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster Entertainment. We are the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, e-commerce and artist management. We seek to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show. In 2009, Live Nation sold 140 million tickets, promoted 21,000 concerts, partnered with 850 sponsors and averaged 25 million unique monthly users of its e-commerce sites.
TicketWeb is a leading self-service online ticketing and marketing company, dedicated soley to the independent venue and promoter. Our proprietary system allows venues and event promoters of any size to ticket and market a full range of events all on the Web. TicketWeb has been helping fan buy tickets online for over 15 years, and staying true to our indie roots by building innovative online solutions to enhance the fan experience. With the added value of Ticketmaster.com integration and distribution, one of the world’s largest e-commerce and ticketing sites online, TicketWeb makes it easy for fans to find tickets. TicketWeb currently serves thousands of venues, events, and promoters across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Over the last decade, TicketWeb has assembled the top software engineers and seasoned veterans from the entertainment and the ticketing industries. TicketWeb’s extensive client roster includes the Tractor Tavern in Seattle, the Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago, Café Du Nord in San Francisco, Tipitina’s in New Orleans, O2 Academies in Europe and KOKO in London among others.
TicketWeb’s Marketing Department is seeking an intern who will assist in the implementation of its marketing efforts, specifically in the following areas: Facebook and Twitter community management, content management and distribution, analytics and tour promotions. Our overarching goal is to connect with and distribute content and messaging to consumers (fans of music/artists) in such a way that is targeted, welcomed, and will ultimately encourage positive word-of-mouth about our services across social media avenues.
• Assisting with content maintenance (newsfeeds, posts, videos, etc) of over 18 Communities (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
• Track multiple sweepstakes occurring at any given time and assist in prize fulfillment
• Reporting on fan and follower growth on Social Media communities
• Assisting with marketing and promotion proposals for ongoing and upcoming tours
• Assisting with promotion execution on Twitter and Facebook
• Updating TicketWeb’s YouTube channel
• Basic image editing including tour and promotion banners
• Research on ongoing projects including Social Media conferences, tools and promotions
• Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements :
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school
• Must be eligible for school credit (and able to supply a letter from sponsor/administrator upon request)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have an avid interest in music, knowledgeable about artists and genres, and an overall interest in learning about the music industry
• Knowledge of social media sites and tools, and an active participant in social networking
• Detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks
• Working knowledge of HTML programming and HTML editors
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly MS Excel
• Graphic design and video editing experience a plus
• 2 days per week 10 AM – 6 PM; days are negotiable
Reports to: Director, Strategy
Location: San Francisco, CA.
Position Type: Part-Time, Internship for Credit Only
NO RELOCATION OFFERED
How to apply: Please follow instructions on the following link: https://livenation.tms.hrdepartment.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=1974&referrer=-97