Internships at Viz Media | Northern California
VIZ Media is now accepting applications for internships for Winter/Spring 2013
The Winter/Spring internship schedule will run approximately 15 weeks, from late January through early May.
To be considered for an interview, all applicants must be able to provide proof of current enrollment in an accredited undergraduate or graduation degree program.
Interested students should send their resumes and cover letter in the BODY of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no attachments). Make sure to have a subject line for which Internship you are applying for
ALL INTERNS MUST:
- be currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate school program. We will NOT consider candidates who are not currently enrolled in a degree program.
- be able to commute to our San Francisco office.
- be legally available to work in the United States.
- be at least 18 years of age at the time of the start of the internship.
- be able to work at least 12-18 hours/workweek between the hours of 10-5 on weekdays (schedule TBD), to a max of 20 hours.
- This position will be compensated at a rate of $10.24/hour.
- This internship will be a part-time position. All applicants MUST be able to work at least 12-18 hours/workweek between the hours of 10-5 on weekdays, to a maximum of 20 hours (schedule TBD).
- The Winter/Spring internship schedule will run approximately 15 weeks, from late January through early May.
- VIZ Media interns are not eligible for standard VIZ Media benefits.
We welcome applicants from a wide variety of academic disciplines. We are offering internships in the following departments:
- Animation Production – This candidate will assist our Animation Production team (Digital & Home Entertainment), which localizes content for television broadcast, DVD production, streaming, and DTO. **Candidates for this internship should have previous broadcast, film/video experience and/or an interest in pursuing a career as a project manager or producer.
- Design – This candidate will assist all facets of our Design Department. These groups are responsible for artwork for VIZ Media graphic novels, DVD packaging, and product development.
- Digital Pubilshing Production – This candidate will assist all facets of our Digital Publishing Production group. This group is responsible for taking digital assets and artwork from the editorial team and building VIZ Media graphic novels.
- Editorial – This candidate will assist our Editorial department, creators of graphic novels, tradebooks, and digital magazines. **Candidates for this internship should have previous writing/editing experience and/or interest in a writing/editing career.
- Magazines – This candidate will assist our Magazines Department, creators of our weekly digital magazine Shonen Jump Alpha. **Candidates for this internship should have an interest in the editorial or production aspects of a publishing career.
- Marketing – This candidate will work closely with the VIZ Media Marketing teams (including Publicity & Events, Animation, Digital Publishing, and Publishing marketing teams), learning various aspects of our multimedia marketing business.
- Publishing Licensing – This candidate will work closely with the VIZ Media Publishing Licensing team, learning various aspects of our licensing business. **Candidates for this internship MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK, READ, AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AND JAPANESE.
Due to the volume of applicants, we will not be taking phone calls for these internship positions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media) is one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga (graphic novel) publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. Owned by three of Japan’s largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shueisha Inc., Shogakukan Inc., and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions, Co., Ltd., VIZ Media is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa and is a global ex-Asia licensor of Japanese manga and animation.
The company offers an integrated product line including magazines such as SHONEN JUMP, graphic novels, and DVDs, and develops, markets, licenses, and distributes animated entertainment for audiences and consumers of all ages.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company, employees may be subjected to work-related content such as: sexually explicit images, nudity, and graphic violence. Applicants should be willing to work with this type of content. VIZ Media does not condone the viewing of this content where not work-related.