Fluidigm Summer Intern Program 2013 | Northern California
Fluidigm Summer Intern Program 2013
Position: Social Media Intern
Experience: College level intern, sophomore level or above (equivalent units completed).
We’re looking for smart, creative, and organized marketing, social media students to help us become the very best in our industry. Prefer some experience in marketing, media, advertising, or other related field. Huge bonus if your field of study is in life sciences, microbiology, genomics, or biology.
- Basic experience with social media, inbound marketing, marketing or related discipline
- Required scientific experience in either biology, microbiology, genomics, or life science
- Familiarity with business software (Office, Publishing Tools)
- Proficiency with building a following, monitoring a community, or tracking response metrics
- Enthusiasm to learn, make a difference, and get active right away!
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent writing with superb grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Pay Scale: Based on experience. Hours/wk and $/stipend are flexible – most concerned with finding the right people/fit.
What are the hours/timeframe?
Summer internship lasts 3 months. July – Sept 30th, 2013. On-site 3 Days a week (South San Francisco). There is a total of 20-25 hours of work a week for 12 weeks, ideally spread out over three or four days. The intern should be willing to Twitter/Facebook multiple times a day.
- Opportunity to learn from, and influence social policy for a high-profile life sciences company.
- Exposure to national and international influencers in the medical device life science industry.
- Great networking opportunities with job skills development.
- Rare opportunity to attend life science tradeshow events and act as a social reporter.
- A fun, creative, and engaging work environment where you can make a direct impact!
What will I learn?
- Research and monitor social channels – produce analysis on current growth, level of influence, reach, and respective content needed for each outlet (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Evaluate current channels and baseline against competition. Audit efforts and recommend additional life science sites, social tools, or blogs where we should be participating.
- Author and recommend content that will effectively generate awareness and engagement.
- Identify key metrics to communicate performance. Analyze data to recommend improvements.
- Get educated on social media outreach and marketing strategy.
- Researching target markets to promote programs.
What will you be doing? Great question, glad you asked.
You’ll be responsible for several projects, working very independently, but with the direction of the Website Manager. Here are some specific responsibilities you can expect to tackle:
- Ideate and execute on user acquisition strategies – including inbound social campaigns for life science researchers, academic institutions, pharmaceuticals, and prospective customers.
- Create and/or source innovative, buzz generating content for the site.
- Identify and engage with key strategic Fluidigm influencers, customers, brands, orgs, etc.
About Fluidigm: Fluidigm is a biotech tools company that creates microfluidics-based chips and instrumentation for biological research. In 2013, we’ll be transitioning our Fluidigm brand to take full advantage of the latest technologies and product innovations. This expansion creates multiple opportunities for you to contribute and leave your mark. We hope you are excited to join the effort and contribute to the team!
Application Process: Send a brief cover letter, resume and links to at least three examples of your social media work (blogs, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, etc.). E-mail preferred: Send e-mail with Word or PDF attachments to email@example.com. Please put “Social Media Marketing Intern” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected to come in and interview. Please do not call. Thank you so much for your understanding.
*Important Note – Head over to Fluidigm (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) to create some posts, invite your friends and build a following; it’s a great way to get to know our company and to see if you’d be interested in working at Fluidigm. It’s also a great way for you to get our attention and stand out!