Fantasy Studios Internship | Northern California
Fantasy Studios is once again looking to hire great interns to join its small, hard-working crew in Spring 2015! If you are a college student who is eligible to receive school credit for an unpaid internship and are interested in learning the ins and outs of a professional, multi-room recording facility, please read the information below.
About Our Student Internship Program:
Due to California labor laws, our internship program requires that all interns receive school credit for their time here. Unfortunately, if you are not a student, we cannot consider your application for an unpaid internship. We do not offer paid internships at this time.
We must be in contact with your advisor to verify enrollment in a credit-based program. Your advisor will need to send us any appropriate paperwork and let us know how you are to be graded so that we can ensure that all requirements are being met. We will fill out any required evaluations and will check in with you periodically throughout the course of your internship.
- You are 21 years of age or older (exception might be made for the right person)
- You have a car
- You have a cell phone
- You are physically capable of moving heavy equipment
- You are available 2-3 days per week, which includes nights and weekends
- As stated above, you must be able to receive course credit in exchange for your work
- You possess a basic understanding of and passion for the recording arts and sciences!
Intern Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Opening and closing the studios
- Setting up and tearing down sessions
- Errands including, but not limited to meals, studio supplies, equipment (guitar strings, drum sticks & heads), etc.
- Keeping the studios clean and tidy; spot-checking furniture, carpets, etc.
- Administrative duties
- Miscellaneous tasks as required
- Flexibility and willingness to help are critical here!
Interns should expect to spend the majority of their time on the details that happen behind the scenes that keep a studio running smoothly. Once you are ready, you may be invited to assist our staff engineers on sessions. Generally, interns who show eagerness to learn, understanding of protocol and equipment, and appropriate control room etiquette are the most likely to be directly involved with sessions.
We expect all interns to maintain a professional, friendly and proactive attitude, to arrive promptly each day and to complete tasks efficiently and under minimal supervision. Please note that there is a probationary period of five (5) working days and that all internships are at-will and can be terminated at any time by the intern or by the Studios.