Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Why You Should Live on Campus

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Annie Cao - photo

Why You Should Live on Campus

Posted by Annie Cao

For many students, living on campus is a big part of their college experience. There are pros and cons to living in dorms, but from my personal experience, it was definitely worth it!

Pros

1. There’s no commute to school; you can roll out of bed and go to class.
  2. Club meetings and school events are just a short walk away, so it’s easy to become involved in campus activities.
  3. It’s a great way to make friends and find study partners, especially if you live farther from home. One building can house 100 – 200 students alone, so imagine how many people you can meet just by going to the dining hall or doing your laundry. Some of my closest friends today are people I met in my dorm.
  4. There are many convenient facilities, such as a dining hall, a laundry room, and study areas.

Cons

1. Many students may be worried that living on campus can be expensive, but financial aid is a great resource to help pay for it.
  2. There may be a loss of privacy since most likely, you’ll be sharing a room with someone and the bathroom with other students.

Living in a dorm is a different experience for everyone, and some campuses may offer other features and resources. I had a really positive experience living in my dorm because I felt more focused in school since I lived on campus, I was able to get more involved in clubs, I made new friends, and most importantly, I was able to become more independent living on my own.

Overall, I’d recommend living on campus if you plan to go to school away from home!

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University