Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Transferring to the CSU

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Annette - photo

Transferring to the CSU

Posted by Annette

As many of us know, attending a four-year university after high school can be costly. A more cost-effective route that is becoming increasingly common, one that I have chosen to take myself, is to attend community college and then transfer to a four-year university. The transferring process occasionally gets labeled as not a “real” college experience because it does not include the whole four years at a university, but it is just as rewarding. I just completed my second semester at Cal State Long Beach after transferring from a community college, and as a transfer student, I was able to build close relationships with the faculty and students in my department. Being a transfer student, I went straight into upper division courses for my major, which made it easier for me to make friends and network in my field. My advice for those who are choosing this transfer student route is to be on top of deadlines. Always make sure to know when applications and transcripts are due. I would also recommend frequently meeting with an advisor at the university to make sure you are on the right path academically.

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University