Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
The Importance of Campus Tours

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Jennifer Zheng - photo

The Importance of Campus Tours

Posted by Jennifer Zheng

Academics, finances, environment, and many other important factors determine whether you will attend a certain university. By attending a campus tour you will gain a better understanding of what each campus has to offer. When I was a senior in high school, I made sure to visit college campuses to receive a tour. Since it was hard for me to determine which university interested me the most, a tour helped me narrow down my options.

On a campus tour:

-You will be able to see what is offered on each campus such as the bookstore, the gym, dorms, library, academic buildings, and the health center and food options.

-You can ask questions of the tour guides who are current students! Some questions I’ve gotten from students on a tours are: “How do you like this college campus?”

-Learn about the environment, climate and landscape of each campus. You will probably be there for four years so you want to make sure that you like the weather!

– Check out the dorms. If you are going to live on campus or deciding whether or not to live on campus, this is an amazing opportunity for you to go see what the dorms have to offer.

-Make new friends! This way you will know someone before the school semester even starts!

Tips:

-When going on the tour, make sure you are toward the front of the group. Sometimes the tour groups can get fairly large so it can be hard to hear from the back.

-Make sure to have fun!

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University