Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Staying Focused My Freshman Year

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Marissa - photo

Staying Focused My Freshman Year

Posted by Marissa

Freshman year in college is an exciting time of living on your own for the first time, meeting new people and being in a new environment. My freshman year was all about adjustment and seeing what worked best for me. I tested my schedules and course loads. I became acquainted with the campus and living on my own for the first time. It was an exciting yet nervous time for me. I didn’t get involved in any clubs or activities my freshman year. I strictly kept it to school only, so I didn’t become overwhelmed. Although I wasn’t active in any clubs, I did meet other students, some who are my good friends until this very day. For your freshman year, I suggest testing the waters for your first semester—seeing what schedule works best for you, learning how you study best, and getting familiar with the campus. I would also start exploring the different clubs and activities that the campus offers so by your second semester, you know what you want to join. Also, stay focused and strive for the best grades possible even though it is your first year in college. The grades you achieve in your freshman year will affect the grades for the rest of your academic career. So stay focused, driven and have fun while making the most out of your freshman year in college!

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University