Some Things Take a Couple of Years to Learn
As a freshman, going into college is new and exciting. You are bound to get lost on a campus as huge as CSULB, you buy all your textbooks before the first day of class, and you pay attention to all your teachers. I have learned a lot since then and here are some of them:
- Wait until after the first week to buy your textbooks. Your teachers don’t expect you to have it anyways and some teachers don’t even require that you have one.
- Get to explore your campus because then you learn shortcuts on getting to your classes.
- Make at least one friend in your classes; you never know when you’ll need their notes.
- Get advising done at least once a year to make sure you are on track!
- Don’t ever lose the passion and excitement for school. College will be one of the greatest times of your life!
Return to the College Dreams Blog