Skip Navigation

The California State University

College Dreams Blog

College Dreams Blog

No matter who you are, or how you’ve prepared for college, you’re bound to have a seemingly endless list of questions. Our student ambassadors had college dreams just like you do, and they worked hard to achieve them. Read their stories below, and share your own with us on Facebook and Twitter!

Esta función no está disponible en español
Mireille Garcia Serrato - photo

Don’t Let Senioritis Get to You!

Posted by Mireille Garcia Serrato

Seniors! This is your last year of high school and that means you should end it with good grades!

Although it may seem like there are still months of school left, don’t let that fool you. Homecoming is right around the corner, the semester is almost at its end, prom will be here soon, and the next thing you know, you’re walking up the stage to pick up your diploma. Time will fly by so quickly without you even noticing it.

Remember it is important to keep your grades up for college admission. The CSU campuses require you to maintain your GPA throughout your senior year. Show the colleges that you applied to that you are still academically prepared for university-level courses. Eventually, when the time comes to submit your final senior year grades, you can be proud of what you have accomplished. This is your last year and that means make it the best possible, and that includes your grades!

Kyle Barras - photo

We’re Here to Help!

Posted by Kyle Barras

It’s that time of year again when college applications are due! If you have yet to complete your CSUMentor application because you are not sure what to do, feel free to contact the admissions office at the school you are applying to. I still remember my own experience applying to San Diego State and the apprehension I had; I had more questions than the Internet could possibly answer. It was at that time I looked up the phone number to SDSU’s admissions office and asked all of my inquiries.

The admissions team is there to help you and ease the process of applying to college. Back in high school, I was able to utilize my college career center for application questions, as well as teachers on campus whom I trusted to review my applications and other supplemental materials before I submitted them.

So the moral of the story is to utilize the resources around you, especially if they are free! You don’t want to pass up a great opportunity like attending a CSU, so fill out the application by November 30. It’s the doorway to the future you envision for your life!

Mireille Garcia Serrato - photo

Aztec for Life!

Posted by Mireille Garcia Serrato

From the moment I opened my acceptance letter to San Diego State University, I was completely joyful and excited to know my journey to an incredible college experience was about to begin.
I am currently in my sophomore year, and I can say that it has truly been an amazing year full of different experiences that I will remember for the rest of my life. Being a student at SDSU has impacted both my academic life and social life. I have met and networked with a variety of people by joining several student organizations and taking on leadership roles that have exposed me to new learning perspectives.
During my time here, I’ve discovered several unique things about SDSU. The campus is very well-rounded and diverse with many opportunities to choose from. The nice warm San Diego weather also makes the SDSU community enjoyable to live in. The majors and pre-professional programs offered here have very supportive personnel and the things you learn in your classes are relevant to your career path. Lastly, SDSU offers tons of networking experiences where you can meet life-long friends and even future employers.
It has been a blessing to be an SDSU student thus far because of all the incredible things the school has to offer. I am excited to continue building upon my memories here at SDSU and I am proud to be an Aztec for life!

Follow Us

The California State University