Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
College Dreams Blog

College Dreams Blog

No matter who you are, or how you’ve prepared for college, you’re bound to have a seemingly endless list of questions. Our student ambassadors had college dreams just like you do, and they worked hard to achieve them. Read their stories below, and share your own with us on Facebook and Twitter!

Esta función no está disponible en español
Jordan Eres - photo

Don’t Wait to Learn about Student Services

Posted by Jordan Eres

Starting college can be stressful, but luckily there are numerous on-campus resources available to you that can help. Before starting your first semester, make sure you take a few minutes to go online and browse the services and resources that are available on campus. Taking the time now to familiarize yourself with resources like the career center and academic advising office can save you an incredible amount of time once you enter college!

When I started at Cal State Long Beach, I was not aware of the resources available to me as a student. In fact, it wasn’t until a professor assigned a visit to the career center during my third year that I learned about the staff available to help me write my resume or to find local job fairs.

To get ahead and avoid missing out, browse campus websites for student services. It won’t take long for you to realize there is a wealth of information and staff on campus that are there to help you make the most of your college experience!

Best of all, learning more about your school will undoubtedly make you feel like part of the campus community. With your newfound confidence and the information you will have picked up along the way, you will be able to take on any challenge you may face in college.

Mireille Garcia Serrato - photo

Where Will You Study Abroad?

Posted by Mireille Garcia Serrato

Ciao everyone! Greetings from Italy. I am currently studying abroad with San Diego State University, taking two classes this summer in a whole different country.

Studying abroad is a program that allows you to study away from your home country and take courses at a different university across the globe. This year, I was able to choose from different programs offered at San Diego State. The great thing about studying abroad is that you can select your desired destination and the type of courses you want to take. I have always wanted to visit Italy because of my Italian origins, and thankfully I had the chance to do so with the help of my university.

You can do it too! When you are in college, you have the opportunity to reach out to advisers and inquire about how you can study abroad. At my campus, advisers at the International Student Center help you plan your trip logistics. Many campuses offer the same help, so the first step is to make an appointment to speak to an adviser about your options. Take advantage of this great opportunity and make your traveling dreams come true.

FullSizeRender (33)

Annette - photo

Visit Campuses This Summer

Posted by Annette

Summer is a great time to visit the campuses you are interested in attending. I highly recommend you to visit CSU campuses to get a good idea of what campus life will be like. Visiting campuses may also help you make a decision on which campus is the right fit for you.

As I was deciding on which CSU I should attend, I visited three schools. Cal State Long Beach was the last campus I visited, and it solidified my decision to join the 49er community. Not only did I fall in love with the campus, but I also fell in love with the city of Long Beach.

Whether you will be commuting or living on campus, it is extremely important to familiarize yourself with the city where your university is located. I loved living in Long Beach and immersing myself in such a culturally diverse city. Long Beach is filled with art museums, parks and excellent food. I highly encourage you to take some time and check out the city your potential future university is in when you visit the campus, and hopefully that will help make your final decision!

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University