Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
College Dreams Blog

College Dreams Blog

No matter who you are, or how you’ve prepared for college, you’re bound to have a seemingly endless list of questions. Our student ambassadors had college dreams just like you do, and they worked hard to achieve them. Read their stories below, and share your own with us on Facebook and Twitter!

Esta función no está disponible en español
Mireille Garcia Serrato - photo

Where Will You Study Abroad?

Posted by Mireille Garcia Serrato

Ciao everyone! Greetings from Italy. I am currently studying abroad with San Diego State University, taking two classes this summer in a whole different country.

Studying abroad is a program that allows you to study away from your home country and take courses at a different university across the globe. This year, I was able to choose from different programs offered at San Diego State. The great thing about studying abroad is that you can select your desired destination and the type of courses you want to take. I have always wanted to visit Italy because of my Italian origins, and thankfully I had the chance to do so with the help of my university.

You can do it too! When you are in college, you have the opportunity to reach out to advisers and inquire about how you can study abroad. At my campus, advisers at the International Student Center help you plan your trip logistics. Many campuses offer the same help, so the first step is to make an appointment to speak to an adviser about your options. Take advantage of this great opportunity and make your traveling dreams come true.

FullSizeRender (33)

Annette - photo

Visit Campuses This Summer

Posted by Annette

Summer is a great time to visit the campuses you are interested in attending. I highly recommend you to visit CSU campuses to get a good idea of what campus life will be like. Visiting campuses may also help you make a decision on which campus is the right fit for you.

As I was deciding on which CSU I should attend, I visited three schools. Cal State Long Beach was the last campus I visited, and it solidified my decision to join the 49er community. Not only did I fall in love with the campus, but I also fell in love with the city of Long Beach.

Whether you will be commuting or living on campus, it is extremely important to familiarize yourself with the city where your university is located. I loved living in Long Beach and immersing myself in such a culturally diverse city. Long Beach is filled with art museums, parks and excellent food. I highly encourage you to take some time and check out the city your potential future university is in when you visit the campus, and hopefully that will help make your final decision!

Annie Cao - photo

De-Stress After Finals

Posted by Annie Cao

Summer is approaching and you have just survived finals week or are preparing for your last few weeks of school. You may be pulling all-nighters and stressing yourself out over those final papers and exams. But when summer vacation is here, you may feel strange at the abrupt change. No more classes? No more homework? What do you do now after being stressed out during these last few weeks? I have three tips to getting rid of all the leftover stress.

One of my first tips is to relax! Whether it’s through reading a book, catching up on sleep, or watching your favorite shows, it’s important to take some time for yourself to calm your nerves. My next tip would be to get outdoors. As students, we probably didn’t have much time to be outside and breathe in the fresh air because we were always in the library, but now’s the time to enjoy yourself and the scenery. Go to the beach, take a hike, or travel somewhere you’ve always wanted to go before school starts again. My last tip is to make sure to spend some time with your family and friends. Many of us probably experienced loneliness when we spent all those hours cooped up studying, so making some time to hang out with friends and have a laugh or two is sure to help you get rid of all the leftover stress.

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University