- Make sure your student begins a student planner on CSUMentor to stay on track all the way through applying to college.
- Visit the ACT EXPLORE website to look up convenient dates for your student to take the exam, which assess academic progress and will prepare them for the ACT in high school.
- Have your student register for the ACT EXPLORE and PSAT exams and check with his or her school counselor for exam dates.
Have your student:
- Register for the EAP exam to judge his or her math and English readiness at CSU Success.
- If your student is taking Advanced Placement courses, make sure he or she registers for the AP exams in the spring.
- Register for the SAT and ACT at least one month before the exams.
- Early September:
Register for the October SAT or ACT.
- October 1 – November 30:
Apply to the CSU early—the deadline is November 30! Also, begin to apply for scholarships.
- October – March:
Apply for financial aid by March 2.
- March – May:
Register for the CSU’s ELM and EPT exams, unless you are exempt.
- Late spring:
Students taking AP classes should register for the AP exams.