Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Nursing Major

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Xiomara

Nursing Major

Posted by Xiomara

My name is Xiomara Maldonado, I’m 22 years old and I attend Cal State LA, “Home of the Golden Eagles”. I graduated from Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School in 2008 and I am currently pursuing my Bachelors of Science in Nursing at CSULA. I work on campus as the student coordinator for the Orientation and Campus Tour program to help promote higher education and campus resources. Before college, I always knew I wanted to be a healthcare professional, but with the help of career counselors and my family, I was able to narrow my options and decided that Nursing was the career for me. My experience in the Nursing program at CSULA has confirmed that I made the right decision. I’ve realized that nurses aren’t just essential, but a necessary component to a patient’s recovery process. Although doctors save lives, nurses keep you alive and I know I can be that professional with therapeutic communication skills, knowledge and patience. From patient education to wound care, I have enjoyed the journey of helping patient’s recuperate physically and emotionally and there’s no better feeling than hearing a sincere “thank you” from patients when they’re ready to go home. I want to be the best nurse I can be and I feel this program is preparing me to get there. I’ve learned how to prioritize, think critically and how to be culturally competent. I love my major and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys helping others. It is a difficult major to achieve, but it isn’t impossible and it is definitely worth it. Whether it’s nursing or another major, make your passion a profession and enjoy your career.

Social

Follow Us

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.

.