Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
My High School Path

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Monica

My High School Path

Posted by Monica

At my high school, the requirements to graduate were the same as the requirements to apply to a CSU, so more than 95% of my graduating class went to a community college or university right after graduating. It was expected of us by our teachers, parents and classmates to pursue higher education. At my school, you could take a maximum of seven classes per year, and I took seven every year except my senior year. I took Honors Chemistry, AP Environmental Science and AP Studio Art over the course of my high school education. I was enrolled in AVID, a four year program designed to help students prepare and apply to college. AVID gave me a support system and tons of resources for information about colleges, and helped me become more organized and take fantastic notes.

However, not everything was smooth sailing. I always struggled with math, and failed English my sophomore year, which is usually my strongest subject. After making it up in summer school, I was once again eligible to apply to college, and applied to several state schools. I finished with a 3.2 GPA, and was accepted to every school I applied to. Even after making a few mistakes, I never gave up on my dream to go to college and have a wonderful career, and now I’m working hard to graduate in a few more years.

Social

Follow Us

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.

.