Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
My High School Path

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Monica - photo

My High School Path

Posted by Monica

At my high school, the requirements to graduate were the same as the requirements to apply to a CSU, so more than 95% of my graduating class went to a community college or university right after graduating. It was expected of us by our teachers, parents and classmates to pursue higher education. At my school, you could take a maximum of seven classes per year, and I took seven every year except my senior year. I took Honors Chemistry, AP Environmental Science and AP Studio Art over the course of my high school education. I was enrolled in AVID, a four year program designed to help students prepare and apply to college. AVID gave me a support system and tons of resources for information about colleges, and helped me become more organized and take fantastic notes.

However, not everything was smooth sailing. I always struggled with math, and failed English my sophomore year, which is usually my strongest subject. After making it up in summer school, I was once again eligible to apply to college, and applied to several state schools. I finished with a 3.2 GPA, and was accepted to every school I applied to. Even after making a few mistakes, I never gave up on my dream to go to college and have a wonderful career, and now I’m working hard to graduate in a few more years.

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University