Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Managing Multiple Responsibilities

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Jade - photo

Managing Multiple Responsibilities

Posted by Jade

I know many of you have been told how important it is to be involved in school and participate in extracurricular activities. But, what some of you may not know is how challenging it can be. Being involved in both high school and college is crucial. What’s more important though, is being able to manage multiple responsibilities.

Many students today have obligations outside of their academics. Whether it’s sports, clubs, organizations, family obligations, or work—you must be able to prioritize. I myself have always been involved in school. I have also had to work, in my latter years of high school, on and off throughout college, and now in graduate school. For a lot of students, that is just the reality.

I do encourage working or doing internships for students, as it helps you build your work ethic and develop other skills. Plus, let’s face it, in this economy the last thing you want to do is graduate college with no work experience. But, understand that whatever your obligations are, you must find a BALANCE. As students, school should always come first! Lay things out in order of importance, and make sacrifices when needed.

Another great tip is doing something just for you that helps you relax, free your mind, and alleviate stress. Things like reading for pleasure, hanging out with friends & family, or anything that helps you manage. Ultimately, everything in life is about balance and juggling multiple responsibilities. Make sure you prioritize, do what works best for you as a student, and that those around you also know what’s most important, and respect it.

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University