Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Learning How to Make Lumpia

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Francisco - photo

Learning How to Make Lumpia

Posted by Francisco

Coming from the Inland Empire in Southern California, where my high school was close to 90% Hispanic, I experienced total culture shock when I first came to CSU East Bay. I have to say that the incredible diversity that I have experienced at CSU East Bay has been my favorite component of the university. College is all about diverse points of view and new experiences; East Bay offers the opportunity to truly experience the meaning of “cultural melting pot.” There are people of all ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds here. I have made friends from Korea, Spain, Panama, New York, and Brazil to name a few. When I first came here I didn’t know what lumpia was, but now I even know how to make my own! It might sound clichéd to think that East Bay is like the “It’s a Small World” ride at Disneyland, but when you come here you really see that it really is small and there isn’t much dividing us from one another except some cultural misconceptions. The moral of the story is, if you come here, get ready to learn how to make lumpia…just kidding! Coming here will be an experience that you will never forget!

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University