Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Get the Most Out of College

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Evelyn - photo

Get the Most Out of College

Posted by Evelyn

If you go around colleges and ask students how they feel about college, you will get a variety of responses. However, what I think differentiates those who love college and those who may not favor it too much, is how involved they are with their campus. In high school, you are required to attend rallies, go to classes, and participate in class discussions. In college, all of that changes. You get to plan your own class schedule, decide whether you want to attend school events, and suddenly have all this free time that you didn’t have in high school.

Personally, I participate in clubs, lived at the dorms for two years, and even worked on campus. Because of all this, I love my experience at CSU Long Beach. My friends, especially those who commute to school, don’t feel as strongly because all they do is go to class and then go home. I know it can be tempting use your free time to sit on the couch, eat ice cream, and watch mindless television shows for hours on end, but you will be happier and your future will thank you if you just get involved. College has so much to offer, and it is up to you to get the most out of your time there. So look into what clubs interest you (most campuses have a welcome week where you can look around at the different programs and clubs on campus), join an intermural sports team, build relationships with those around you, and finally, go to class! After all, you are going to spend the next 4 years of your life there, so you might as well enjoy it!

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University