Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Financial Aid: Free Money for College!

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Marisol - photo

Financial Aid: Free Money for College!

Posted by Marisol

The easiest way to apply for financial aid is by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which determines the grants and scholarships you qualify for. The first time I filled out the FAFSA, I was nervous because the application was very lengthy and can take a while to fill out. And in addition to your personal information, you’ll need your parents’ as well. The good thing is that it saves all your information so if you don’t know the answer to something you can continue it later.

Try to go to FAFSA seminars at your high school or ask a counselor for help on any questions you may have. I remember I went to a seminar that explained what certain questions meant and they even helped me get started on filling out the application. If you need more help you can also call the colleges you plan on attending, or you can even get live web help from the FAFSA site too. Try your best to apply and finish the application before March since the deadline is usually in the first days of March.

Financial aid can be very helpful, and in my case it’s the only reason I was able to go to a CSU without paying for it all myself. I’ve been in school for five years now and each year I got enough financial aid to pay for all of my schooling, including books and housing. So remember, it doesn’t hurt to apply for a FAFSA. Plus, it saves your personal information so the following school year it will be easier and faster to fill it out. So go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and get a head start on applying for free money!

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University