CSU & UC Applications Open!
October 1st is the day! Fall 2014 applications for the CSUs and UCs have officially opened (although you will not be able to officially submit your UC applications until November 1st). If anything, you should remember that filling out a college application TAKES TIME. Do not assume that you are going to get all your applications gathered, filled out, and submitted in one day. You may have questions or concerns.
Luckily, CSU Mentor for example has an express feature where you can fill out one application and then copy your personal info to other campus applications! Saves you a lot of time, but make sure your info is right the first time around! Also, just because you start your application doesn’t mean you have to finish it; you can always save what you input for later and come back to it.
What you’ll need in order to apply to CSUs and UCs:
- Transcripts. You don’t need to submit your transcripts at this point, but you will definitely need them to fill out high school course information and GPA info.
- Test scores, if you have them.
- A close estimate of your family’s annual income. You will need this information in order to get a fee waiver or apply for EOP.
- Social Security Number, if you have one.
- Residency status and info.
Applications for both the CSUs and UCs are due by November 30, 2013. If you’re applying to private colleges and universities, be sure to check the requirements and deadlines for each school as they may differ from campus to campus. Best of luck!
Return to the College Dreams Blog