Skip Navigation

The California State University

Translation
Becoming a Leader

College Dreams Blog

Esta función no está disponible en español
Ana - photo

Becoming a Leader

Posted by Ana

When I graduated community college and looked back on my two years I noticed that I had not been at all involved in school activities. Once I entered CSU Channel Islands I decided that when I graduated I wanted to look back and say that I had been involved in school. I became a member of different clubs and became a member of a great program called LEAP (Leaders in Education Awareness Program). LEAP has helped me meet amazing new people who I enjoy seeing every Friday when we give tours and presentations to K-8 students about college. Every Friday I look forward to meeting new children and talking to them about anything that’s on their minds. I also enjoy spending my Fridays with the rest of the LEAP members because even though we are so different we share the same desire to volunteer our time to such an amazing program. Because of LEAP I know I will look back and remember that I did get involved and that my years at CSU Channel Islands will be unforgettable thanks to the people I have met and the children I have helped.

Archives

Social

Follow Us

.

The California State University